August 28, 2009

Surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary!

We threw a surprise 25th anniversary party for my parents last week...boy were they surprised!!!

Here's the invitation all the friends and family got in their inbox:

I was born 2 years and 2 days after they got married, so we conveniently used my birthday as the decoy. Tedd told them he was planning a "surprise birthday party" for me and asked if they could be responsible for getting me there.  Fun stuff, huh?!

So this is the invite that they got in their inbox:

We couldn't get them to walk in the door together (because my dad wanted to be in the "Surprise" crowd when I showed up), so these pictures only show my mom's priceless reaction when she finds out the party's not for me, but for her and my dad!  Meanwhile, all the people who would never have showed up to my birthday party were hiding in a classroom, since my dad showed up early, so once the initial surprise was figured out, then dozens of old friends started pouring in the back door to add to the shock.  It was so great!


I'm so proud of y'all, Mom & Dad!  Thank you for being an example and inspiration to me; thank you for loving God and allowing Him to work in your marriage and keep you together all these years.  Y'all are so wonderful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...