November 18, 2009

Color Conundrum

Hi there.  I have a question:

Is it against homeowners' code to paint your house almost the same color as the house across the street from you??  

I'm new here; help me out...

view of neighbors' house from our window...theirs is blue too!

I've had my heart set on a blue house with cream trim and a red door.  Not smurfy blue, not sky blue, not navy, not country...a sort of gray-blue...yeah!  A nice gray with that lovely hint of blue...

only problem is...the house across the street is almost the same color!  Okay, but hear me out; I have some things going for me:  

1.  The style & era of our homes are different... 
2.  She's got wood siding, ours is masonite... 
3. Her roof is red-brown, ours is gray-brown...
4. Her door is stained wood, ours will be red...

but the blue is practically the same...yikes!

so is it wrong to go for it?  should I ask the homeowner/s what they think?  I don't want to.  :-)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...