January 18, 2010

"The Kitchen" Header

When I get started on a project, I get slightly, okay, really obsessed.  I stayed up til 5 in the morning (twice) working on this kitchen header.  I'm a total nerd.  And my husband "made his contribution to my blog" by letting me sleep in the next morning while he worked on the Queen by himself.  Thanks T - you're nice.

I've got so many things to do and I'm drawing pictures of flour and measuring spoons - it's a bit ridiculous, but I had lots of fun doing it!

Some fun facts about the kitchen art:
  • We actually have that retro stove (it came with our quaint little apartment)
  • I received those heart-shaped measuring spoons as a wedding gift and they make me happy every time I use them!
  • Kitchenaid mixer (angelic-voices-singing sound effect here) is also in our kitchen and a gift from my in-laws - it spins me right round (whatever that means - but it's a pun, get it?  I try.)
  • Cast iron pan = true
  • Wallpaper = false
  • Purple hydrangeas in a milk glass vase = I wish
  • Funky cookie jar = Pier 1 gift card (thanks Aunt Kristin!!)
  • apron = false
  • tea kettle = falso (but inspired by Trader Joe's)
  • and finally, the full sink of dirty dishes = false...because it gets way fuller than that!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...