Lemon Crisp Cookies

They're paper-thin, very light, and refreshing...

This one had very good reviews recently with our small group!
(sorry for the poor quality pictures - our good camera's charger is currently missing)



I used Joy of Cooking's "14-in-one" butter cookie recipe.  I'm pretty sure you could use any butter cookie recipe you like...

The thing is, I wasn't very happy with the butter cookies themselves, because really, I'm pretty sure my mother-in-law's butter cookies have made me a butter cookie snob.  Joy's weren't bad at all, they just weren't awesome.  I was looking for awesome, ya know?

Sooooo...that's when I started playing around with all that dough...
I took the dough and made little balls.  Then I covered them in plastic wrap and squashed them paper thin, just to see what would happen.  And ya know what??  They were awesome!  Little butter crisps, mmm mmm.
So, to make these: make a butter cookie recipe, cover little balls in plastic wrap, squash 'em thin thin thin, and bake 'em on the same temp your cookie recipe calls for.  Watch them closely because they burn easily!  Golden-brown on the edges is definitely a good thing, though.
After they've come out of the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack.  From there, smear on lemon curd and then sprinkle on some powdered sugar.  The tangy lemon makes these soooo yummy!

If lemon curd seems too involved, try a lemon "glaze," - whisk together a cup of powdered sugar, sifted, with a 1/4 cup lemon juice & some lemon zest.  (Ooooh I love the sour & sweet combination!)

Comments

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments - they make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread (+ Free Printables)

"Show Him Some Love" Challenge

Fabric Pom Pom Tutorial