February 16, 2010

Locks of Love

Tedd likes my hair long.  I do too, but to a certain point.  Once it gets reeeally long, it winds up in a bun most days, and that's no fun.

In May of 2008, I donated my hair to Locks of Love for the very first time.  It was a very special experience.  I found my hippy hair pictures!  This was right before I donated:

So then I had 14 inches cut off:
They tied it tightly in a ponytail, chopped it off, and then went ahead and styled the hair I had left. 
kinda weird, huh?  it's like a little pet :-)
and then the tied, clean, dry ponytail is sent off in a ziplock bag, and then a padded envelope, to Locks of Love!  
This was our 2yr "engagement" anniversary a couple weeks after the big haircut (so you can see what it actually looked like after)

I heard it takes about 10 ponytails to make just one wig.  Wow.  So now, two years later, my hair is long enough to donate again.  I'm making an appointment tomorrow.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...