March 31, 2010

Orange-Ginger Chicken

K guys, seriously...I know I told you a couple posts back that I "love, love, love rice and beans," but after about 12 straight meals of beans, uh...well...

chicken anyone?

This was YUMMY!  The picture I took turned out awful, so you're just gonna have to trust me on this one...it's good.  Think gingery garlicky chicken with a hint of sweet orange.

(taken from this recipe)

Orange-Ginger Chicken

In a ziploc bag or bowl, combine:
3 lbs chicken, (I used boned, but cubed chicken breasts would be yummo too)
1 c fresh-squeezed orange juice, (I used 3 juicy oranges & added all the pulp)
1 lime's-worth fresh-squeezed juice
1 1/2 c water
2 T soy sauce
1 med/small onion, sliced into thin rings
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 inch ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 t salt
1/4 t peppercorns

Let it marinade for about 30 minutes and then dump it in a baking dish.  Bake for about an hour at 200 degrees, flipping the chicken over 1/2 way through if they're not completely submerged in the gravy...my oven may be different from yours, so check your chicken ;-)

Serve over a bed of rice, gravy and all, and eat something green for me on the side!

PS - this would be great for a crock-pot day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...