April 16, 2010

Cake Pops!!!

Yippee for Cake Pops!  Aren't they so cute?!  I was so intrigued the first time I saw Bakerella's cake pops; I just had to give it a shot.  You should too!  For the recipe & instructions, visit her site.

My first cake pop adventure in pictures...



I dipped a spoon in the melted chocolate and slung it around back and forth over the cake pops...be creative (you should see what Bakerella has come up with!)  I also used some pretty sparkly sprinkle flakes...

To display my pops for the party, I stuffed the floral foam down into a pretty vase and then put tissue paper over the foam...
I would have used that shredded gift-box paper (know what I'm talkin' about?) if I had time to get it, but this worked nicely in a pinch (and let's just pretend that I was being green and frugal and purposefully recycled this tissue paper).

And for the grand finale...
A little somethin' I'd been brainstorming for months...

bride and groom cake pops!!!  
aren't they adorable?!

Truth be told, I only made one pair of these because it was more like a tedious art project than baking, but hey, there should be only one pair anyway, right?  plus it was fun!


Now wouldn't it be great to make the bridal party??
Hmmm...

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. Cake bites are popular around here for bridal teas. These look similar except they are on sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bride and groom are adorable! How did you get the "tux" on the groom after it was on the stick?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try to make some of those this summer.....so cute!

    Shanda

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments - they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...