To My Daddy on Father's Day...

Thank you for being such a great daddy. 
I'm so thankful you're my dad.
I've never doubted your love for me.
You hug me and tell me I'm beautiful and encourage me and advise me and trust me.
You talk to God like He's real...with humility and authenticity.
You made my childhood a sweet and memorable one!
Water skiing, rope swings, tree forts, paintball, airsoft, tickling, four-wheelers, treasure hunts (complete with rhyming clues), exciting off-the-top-of-your-head stories, corny jokes, wixing mall wur yerds up pike a lro, the best grilled steaks & fried potatoes, tons of laughter, snake-slayer, yard-mower, fun stories about your childhood, card games, camping trips, donkey kong, the cabin, bear hugs, wrestling, wiffle ball, and playing catch with me in the back yard for hours.  The list goes on and on and on!
I feel like a million bucks when I get a belly laugh out of you.  Seriously, if I can get you to laugh at me, like a real laugh, it just makes my day!  (And you wondered why I'm such a ham).

All my friends think you're cool.

Your hard work and discipline amaze me.  I'm thankful for your example to me as a follower of Christ.

I'm so thankful for how you treat my mom and for the love you clearly have for her.
I'm speechlessly thankful for you. 
Thank you.
I love you.

Comments

  1. Completely blown away by your love Emily ... Thank you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweet girl....I'm so glad that God allowed me to meet you for just a short time. You are so mature, loving, humble and kind to be so young....I see Jesus all over and in your life.....Thank you for allowing Him to shine through you. This is such a sweet and beautiful dedication to your Daddy.

    Love,
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments - they make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread (+ Free Printables)

"Show Him Some Love" Challenge

Fabric Pom Pom Tutorial