First Appointment - Counting Down!

I don't like waiting.  Patience is not something that comes naturally to me.

That said, Tedd & I decided that we'd like to forego any early ultrasounds to avoid any theoretical risks that may be involved, and boy has it been a long wait!  I sooo badly want to hear this baby's heartbeat and it's been such a temptation because there's a small clinic, literally across the street from us, where they do really cheap ultrasounds.  But, we've decided to hold out and wait to listen to the heartbeat with a Doppler at our first prenatal appointment, and finally, finally, that day is approaching!

I've also been waiting awhile before making any public updates with the pregnancy; I personally felt like it would be wiser for me to just wait to hear the heartbeat first.  That's been hard too!

But now that I'm getting closer to the 2nd trimester, and I'm only a week away from our first appointment, I thought I'd sneak in a really quick update, for those who are interested...

1st Prenatal Appointment: 
August 30th 
details: 6 days away, I'm seeing a midwife in her home clinic in AR

Due Date:
March 13th, 2011
details: this is an estimate, to be confirmed next week

How far along:
11weeks & 2 days!!
details: Baby's supposedly about the size of a fig & is officially a fetus!
Other exciting things coming up:
  • My 24th birthday is just 3 days away!  (August 27th)  Pretty sure all I want is the Chik-fil-A I've been craving for about a month and a half now!
  • As a birthday gift, I get to visit my family in the States for a week & a half!  I fly out this Thursday and I'm super psyched b/c my dad got a free ticket using his miles & he put me in first class!  What a guy!  This is my first time ever flying first class. Also very psyched b/c there are Chik-fil-A's in the USA  (and none in Nicaragua)

And there you have it; a quick update.  Lots of exciting things happening all at once and I'm so thankful to God that I can even say I'm 11 weeks pregnant!  We're so so so thankful for this baby, who was a direct (and prompt) answer to prayer.  Now we're praying for a smooth appointment and a strong little heartbeat!  Can't wait!

- em

Comments

  1. HOOORAYYYY!!!!!! i will have chocolate chip cookies ready whenever you want them!! :) listening to the heartbeat the first time is so special! i remember just sobbing, it was such a touching moment! it makes you feel very connected to the little one growing! every step is such a miracle of God!! :) i'm so happy for you em! ..and happy almost birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOO excited for y'all! The first time is AMAZING! Wish Tedd could be there with you for the first time of hearing it, Taylor really liked it, he said it made the pregnancy more believable :) Maybe you could have someone with a cell phone on speaker phone and Tedd could hear it? Anyway, is there ANY chance at ALL that you could stop in here, or we could go out to lunch or Something?? I understand if there isn't, but I have been itching to see you face to face!!

    God Bless! And again, SO EXCITED for you, and praying for a healthy lil' Lodes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so looking forward to seeing you next week. I'll be riding up with Kristin and the boys! Can't wait! Thank you SO MUCH for the update.
    Love you,
    Aunt Marti

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you two!! What a blessing!!! You will make wonderful parents!! Hearing that heartbeat for the first time is such an awesome moment...can't wait for you to experience that!! And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY To you!!! Pray you have a WONDERFUL time while you are in the States!!! God bless you THREE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Emily!!!!! Hope you get lots of Chick- Fil -A while you are in the states. We love it, too!!!!

    Praying for you and your little one on the way! Hope all goes well in the next few days. What an exciting and wonderful time in your life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You just carry a little wonder :)(or actually the biggest on this earth, to me at least!) I hope everything will just turn out fabulously!

    I like your journal very much! I hope it's okay if I follow you? It would be nice if you'd like to check out/follow mine too, but no stress of course!

    A big hug from Norway. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so exciting for you Emily! I am so glad to hear that all is going well with the pregnancy. I completely understand where you are coming from with the chick-fil-a because when I was pregnant that is all I wanted and of course I had to have their lemonade to drink. Travel safely and good luck with it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Em, thanks so much for your "congrats"...I think it's SO fun we're preggy together! I'm due early April, so I'm still really early--about 9 weeks now...

    How are you feeling? I've been feeling rather crummy :( Hope you're doing better than me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for the comments - they make my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread (+ Free Printables)

"Show Him Some Love" Challenge

Fabric Pom Pom Tutorial