January 4, 2011

The Nicaraguan ABCs: Q is for...

Quesillos

pronounced "Kay-see-ohs"

and I'm sort of cheating on this post b/c I've already written about Quesillos before, but hey, Q is a hard one.


A quesillo is a mound of cheese and cream and salsa dumped over a warm corn tortilla ...sound heavy?  Yes.  Yes, it is.  If you're on the go, you can get it all wrapped up in a plastic bag; it's messy, but worth it.
Quesillos are very Nicaraguan, so if you ever come here, please, try one!
Here are our best cheesy smiles, but really, we're seriously happy to be eating these after a long day's work!
our buddy, Emily W.
cheeeeese!
(side note: I'm about 6 weeks preggo here)
chase it down with a Coke.
I went a little overboard and ordered a second.  This is my "I'm sorry guys, I shouldn't have done that" face.  But I ate it anyway :-)

Next...is for Rainy Season
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...