January 22, 2011

Nursery Sneak Peek - Week 1

Now that we're (theoretically) 7 weeks away from the due date, I thought it'd be fun to share a little sneak peek of the nursery each week until the big day!


The Closet
(I spy a monster in the closet)

I always thought I'd go all out with the nursery and decorate & paint and go crazy, but honestly I haven't touched the room until this week.  I finally got some inspiration though once I started playing with stuff we already had on hand and the wonderful hand-me-downs and gifts that we've received.  Since we're in a rental and on a tight budget, this nursery is sort of like my "design on a dime" challenge - I think it's more fun that way anyway!  I'm starting to get more ideas now that the room is on it's way.  Tedd was commending me on my lack of obsessiveness over the decorating of the nursery, but that may quickly disappear once I get going.  I just can't help myself.  ;-)


So here's a sneak peek for the week:
I'm skipping the uglier boring things in the closet and zooming right in on this - a wine rack I'm using for receiving blankets!  I like it!


 Here are some cute handmade gifts from friends - I just love seeing Ian's name on stuff!  

 and this is our stash of disposables while we get used to cloth diapering...
(notice part of a sweet diaper cake my friend Abigail made there on the left!)

and how true will this be?!

More to come next week!


wanna vote for my blog?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...