February 22, 2011

37 Weeks & Nursery Sneak Peek

37 weeks!  Full term!  yahoo!!

I think my belly's a bit lower, but it could just be in my head.  I'm getting more Braxton Hicks this week and they're becoming more intense and more frequent.  I've noticed other changes in my body and overall feeling that make me feel like I'm officially in the baby-is-coming stage.  It's so surreal right now to imagine that we'll likely have a baby in less than a month.  

And I skipped last week's "sneak peek," but here are some more shots of the nursery in progress...
 magnetic window pane art

 bedding

 we hung some curtains

and Subway Art :-)

I mentioned I was trying to sew a slip cover for the arm chair my parents gave us - it's just about done and I'm really loving the way it looks!!  Just a few more projects and I'm finished!  I don't feel quite ready for Ian to arrive.  I feel like we're still in home renovation get-stuff-done mode (with the Queen and prepping for baby's arrival).  I'm hoping by this time next week we'll be able to slow down significantly and be more in waiting mode :-)

Today the midwife and her assistant are coming for their "home visit."  We're fixing Indian food for lunch and I'm trying to get the house presentable.  They're not going to do a walk-through with white gloves or anything, but I really want the house to look like we're at least somewhat ready!  lol  They're really cool and laid back though, so I'm excited to have them over.  I think it's going to be good for my mental preparation for labor too, having the midwife in our home.  Hopefully the next time she's in our home we'll be having a baby!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...