February 10, 2011

Nursery Sneak Peek - Week 3

The changing table is finished and I'm very pleased with how it turned out!

The best part?  It cost us nothing!  :-)  The changing table is an old Ikea dresser that Tedd's parents gave us this winter, and it just so happened to be the right height and it hosts a baby changing pad perfectly.  Sweet.

So that's really all I have for you this week because this past week we've had guests camped in the baby's room, so I didn't really get to do much in there.  This is a view of the rug & changing table together and then another great hand-me-down from my parents - that wonderful wingback recliner!
It's going to be so perfect for nursing and snuggling with baby Ian; it's such a comfortable chair!  The only problem is the color/fabric with the rest of the room.  There's a slipcover that comes with it, but it's a really orangey-brown, while the rest of the browns in the room are darker, soooooo....I'm going to attempt to sew my own slipcover.

My practical, logical side is telling me that it's way too advanced for me and I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to sewing....

The go-for-it side of me is saying, "what the heck, just try it!  What's the worst that could happen?"  When it comes to crafting and artsy stuff, I tend to listen to the go-for-it side and throw all practical thinking out the window...

And speaking of window, remember this guy?
Well yesterday I cleaned and scrubbed off the dirt and loose paint, and then I took some craft paint (don't worry, I wasn't dealing with fumes :-) and painted it a couple coats of white...
This is what I've got so far.  Today I plan to get some stuff to help me gussy it up.  Tedd's also gonna bring me some sandpaper from the Queen so I can try and give this thing that oh-so-trendy distressed look.  Should be fun!

P.S. I'm 30 DAYS away from our due date!

wanna vote for my blog?  just click!
and thanks for the support!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...