Queen's Kitchen in Progress - Part 1

Danilo & Norman

These guys are life-savers!  Poor Tedd has been working at the Queen basically by himself whenever he gets a spare moment (and it's hard for him to get a spare moment!), but our new friends Danny & Norman are visiting us this week to help Tedd out at the Queen!

base cabinet in the works

Meanwhile, our old neighbor/friend/handyman Tom has been working on some custom cabinets.  He loves wood - no really.  I can't wait to see what they look like when they're all in place.  I drew up some ideas and gave them the basic idea, but I think it's going to be a surprise when we see the final product!  So far this kitchen has existed only in my head...and even up in there, it's a work in progress.  I feel like I tried to plan, but we're pretty much winging it now as we go.  Yikes!

Sheetrock may seem like a small detail, but it's taken all week for them to level all the studs and get things right to even begin to hang the sheetrock.  Oh!  They're insulating too - hooray!!!  This house is so drafty and cold; it could use all the insulation it can handle.

So, I don't know if you can orient yourself with these pictures alone, but the following pics are of the same wall in the kitchen...
before


"after"

makes a big difference, huh?

I'm so excited that stuff is moving forward out there!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread (+ Free Printables)

"Show Him Some Love" Challenge

Fabric Pom Pom Tutorial