39 Weeks

So...I'm still pregnant...which I suppose is normal since I haven't even reached 40 weeks yet...
Could this be my last belly post???
(39 weeks)

...some kind of switch went off on the day I hit week 38 and I suddenly became obsessed over giving birth to this baby.  The day will come, and meanwhile, I'm really praying for patience.

I feel scatter-brained and distracted (b/c it's like nothing else matters right now).  I feel elated and excited.  I feel like I'm caught up in a dream...like I can't wrap my brain around the fact that there's actually going to be a baby in our lives.

I have a nasty cold :-(

My uterus is measuring 43 weeks!  They think he hasn't dropped enough yet and once he does, my measurement won't be so high, BUT he has dropped a bit!

I turned the weekly calendar page today to find that I am officially in week 40 and "Ian's Due Date!" is written in dark black ink inside of Saturday's box...woah.

I realize I have a great chance of going into labor after the baby's due date, so I'm trying to get that through my head, but I don't know if I can even entertain the idea of waiting a few more weeks.  Waiting 'til 41 weeks, okay, sure.  Waiting 'til 42+??  I just can't go there right now.

Patience.

Patience.

Patience.

P.S. I think polls are really fun.  You can guess when you think little baby Lodes will arrive there in the poll on the right!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread (+ Free Printables)

"Show Him Some Love" Challenge

Fabric Pom Pom Tutorial