March 10, 2011

Lemony Cupcakes!

Finally, I made those silly lemon cupcakes.
I thought they turned out so pretty...
is it strange that I like to take pictures of food???

They were sour and yummy!  I used this recipe for the "cake" and this recipe for the icing.  

My husband called them "lemon muffins." :) Whatever.  He can call them whatever he likes.
I used lots of lemon zest in the batter and cut out a bit of sugar.  I also used whole wheat flour instead of white b/c that's all I had (and that's to explain the brownish color of the cupcakes).  I also didn't really care that the frosting had raw egg-whites in it, because it seemed like my kinda frosting - fluffy and airy and not so stiff and sugary.  It was indeed very good.  I added a bunch of lemon zest and lemon juice to the frosting and they turned out super lemony.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...