Broccoli Salad w/ Toasted Pecans

This is a favorite of mine and perfect for summer.  I didn't make this up, but this is my version of the recipe, after making it the other day and finally writing down the measurements.  It's the perfect blend of salty, sour, & sweet.  I could eat it all by itself, but it's a perfect side to compliment a summery outdoor dinner or picnic!

Enjoy!


Finely chop two large heads of broccoli.  I like to include the stalks, too - it's good fiber!  (If you don't include the stalks, you may want 3 heads of broccoli).


Now add over the broccoli:

- 1/4 c. diced onion (purple or yellow sweet)
- 1/2 pkg of packaged bacon pieces (not bacon bits, but the real bacon pieces ;)
- 1/3 c. of toasted pecan pieces (I toast them in a toaster oven until fragrant)
- 2 T of seasoned rice vinegar
- just under a 1/2 c of mayo
- 1 T of sugar (and you can add more if you like)
- 1 handful of sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 or 2 grated carrots
- 1/4 c of raisins
- 1/4 of dried cherries
- some fresh chopped basil if you've got it (I wouldn't substitute dried basil, btw)
- salt/pepper (about a 1/4 teaspoon of salt)

Mix it all together and let it soak in the fridge for about 1/2 an hour to let the flavors mix & allow it to chill.  Then write me and let me know how ya like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread (+ Free Printables)

"Show Him Some Love" Challenge

Fabric Pom Pom Tutorial