July 29, 2011

Final Nursery Reveal


Back in January & February, I was showing little "sneak peeks" of Ian's nursery, and by the time I was ready for the "final reveal," I was unexpectedly taking a trip to the hospital to be induced (despite my plans for a home birth).  So I never actually showed you the final nursery pics!


It was a fun challenge, trying to put everything together on a tight budget!  I used most of what I already had, and what was given to us, so I think it cost me under $125 to do the entire thing!  Here are a few notes about the nursery:

- crib, changing table, reclining wingback, and toybox were all second-hand and given to us (yes!!)
- I bought the curtains at Hancock's half-price
- Bedding is Target's Dwell Studio brand (it was on clearance)
- The teddy bear rocker is from Pottery Barn (an awesome thrift find from my mother-in-law)
- Rug is from Target (a gift from my mom)
- The colorful bunting triptych was something I painted after Ian was born
- The circle mirror was a wedding gift (4 yrs ago :) from Pier 1
- I recovered the wingback (one of my favorite touches to the room)
- The window message board is a repurposed old window we found at the Queen in the basement.  You can read about how I made that here.
- Pillows: the white knitted one was thrifted, the orange Pottery Barn pillow behind the green teddy was a wedding gift way back when. The circle Target pillow on the toy chest was a baby shower gift.  The orange pillow on the toy chest was made from a table runner I found for $3 at a thrift store.  The Green Teddy was 5 bucks at a thrift store.  I just love thrift stores!
- I made the fabric pom poms hanging over the crib from a bunch of spare fabric I had, you can find the tutorial here.
 I hope you like it!  It's not looking so clean and tidy right now, but that's alright - we're using it!  This just goes to show that you can mix & match stuff you already have and re-decorate and re-vamp to get a whole new look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...