September 9, 2012

The Home Stretch - 3rd Trimester!

It's been a special weekend for ringing in our third trimester with baby Nora.  

First of all, I went to an auction Friday night and won a beautiful antique dresser that I had been looking for all over!  I really had my heart set on a French Provincial style dresser, but couldn't find one anywhere - except, of course, on ebay for hundreds of dollars, but I was looking for a bargain, and that's why I love the Greenwood Auction!  I couldn't believe they had exactly what I'd been looking for, and I won it for a small fraction of its worth.  (Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of it yet, but I'll show you soon).  I went with a friend and we had a blast - it was like girls' night out!

Secondly, I made it out to the Growing Kids Sale to stock up on winter clothing for our little girl.  I got dozens of outfits for a steal on their half-price day.  It felt very surreal to be in the baby girls section.  "Am I seriously shopping for girls' clothing?" I thought.
My loot!
Thirdly, I had an experience I wasn't anticipating - a moment of grief over the loss of my dream to have a natural birth at home.  All this time I'd been accepting the inevitable likelihood of a scheduled c-section with Nora (because of my history of Cholestasis and an emergency c-section w/ Ian), but I still had some baggage left over from my experience in the hands of America's flawed birthing system.  It was healing, though, to cry it out a little and surrender my regrets and disappointments once again to the Lord.  While this sounds like a negative experience, I consider it a pretty positive one because of the opportunity to sort out and deal with my buried emotions.  
28 weeks! (Gained 20lbs already)
I am getting incredibly excited about the arrival of our second child.  I still can't wrap my brain around it; we're having another one!  I'm really ready to meet her in person.  Until then, I'm enjoying the thrill of pregnancy and the sense of joy and thankfulness that comes with it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...