I'm probably the one millionth person to have done this type of project, but it's still worth sharing! Chalkboard paint is just fabulous!
It started with this cool old mirror I bought at Savers for about $6.
(There's Ian - apple in one hand, screwdriver in the other - always eager to help when there are "dools" involved).
First "we" (Ian & I) flipped it over and unscrewed the backing off of the mirror. Once that was off, the mirror slipped right out.
I was left with two separate pieces to paint - the frame and the mirror.
I used a can of white primer and then a can of black chalkboard paint for this project. Krylon.
The frame gets a good coat of primer, as well as the mirror.
Ian "paints" a post (with water) in another part of the yard while I'm working on my project.
Then the mirror gets about two/three even coats of the chalkboard paint. Easy peasy.
After it all dried, I put the pieces back together and voila!
The frame is only white primer for now, but it looks great as is! Unlike the magnetic Krylon paint I used a couple of years ago, I was very pleased with Krylon's chalkboard paint; it works great!
Eventually, I think this gal may find her way into the nursery and get a coat of raspberry pink!