November 19, 2012

Nora's Dresser Changing Table

'Kicking myself for not getting a before photo, but this is our painted dresser that we plan to double as a changing table for babe #2.


I'm lovin' the blue with the original dark handles.  Ian and Nora will eventually share this room, so we've got more of a boy-friendly color scheme, while adding some little frills and curves here and there to bring in a little bit of girly-ness for Nora.  Part of that girly touch is right here in this curvy dresser with the frilly handles.

There's just no way we'll finish this room before Nora arrives; we've just got too much on our plates. So, I'd really like to wait and share pictures when we've got a closer-to-finished room, and that's just gonna take a few more months.  In the meantime, I'll share little snapshots as we make progress.

I'm really focusing less on this room as a "nursery" and working more toward the goal of a combined boy/girl room since the baby won't really being sharing with her older brother until she's sleeping through the night a little better.  I'm enjoying the process - it'll hopefully wind up being eclectic, fun, and functional! 

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I love how it turned out. I don't know why I am just now seeing this, but it looks great! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comments - they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...