Menu in Review (#4)

MONDAY
Fettuccine w/ Peas, Shrimp, & Bacon Alfredo
bacon bacon bacon!

Now I'm not promising this recipe is healthy, but it's the kind of dish your husband will love ;) (and admit it, you will too!)
Recipe in a nutshell: Cook pasta according to the package.  Cook the bacon (about half a package), set aside to drain on a paper towel, and chop it up.  Drain some of the grease until there's about a 1/4" layer of grease left in the pan.  Using the remaining grease in the pan, saute half of a finely chopped onion and peeled/deveined shrimp. As the onions turn translucent and the shrimp becomes browned, add minced garlic (w/ a tablespoon of bacon grease or butter if necessary).  When the onions are tender, add cream (about a quart), salt/pepper to taste, as many frozen green peas as you like, and the chopped bacon.  Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.  The sauce will thicken when cooled.


TUESDAY
Turkey Meatloaf w/ Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes
(yes, brussel sprouts!  with Ina Garten's recipe link there, you might become as addicted as I am)

I wrapped my meatloaf in bacon (that I didn't use on Monday), which I had first rendered in a cast-iron pan; then I rolled the brussel sprouts around in the bacon grease before roasting...mmm mmm!

WEDNESDAY
Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps

THURSDAY
Our first Intentional Christian Motherhood meeting!
We had a sandwich bar of sorts.  I served up sandwich fixings (including some fun toppings like pesto and sun-dried tomatoes) with a dish of softened butter next to a large griddle so everyone could grill their sandwiches.  We had turkey soup and chips on the side. ((No picture! :( I was too busy to snap any shots))

A friend, Ian, and I also made these shortbread cookies while Nora napped.  We added Lavender Extract and it was a delicious twist!

FRIDAY
Salmon w/ Cous Cous

SATURDAY
A really fun night around a campfire with my family.  
Chili with all the fixin's and fire-cooked hot dogs!

SUNDAY
Ravioli (from Aldi; it was quite good!) w/ Italian Sausage & Sautéed Veggies


MONDAY
A Whole Chicken Roasted in a Dutch Oven

I filled the pot with carrots and potatoes (my kids like the soft broth-soaked veggies) and used the essence to make a brown gravy; it was yummy!

The leftover chicken was used throughout the week on sandwiches, plain in a picnic lunch at the park, and shredded up in a salad.  After having this, I plan to roast whole chickens more often; it was really convenient!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheesy Garlic Zucchini Bread (+ Free Printables)

"Show Him Some Love" Challenge

Fabric Pom Pom Tutorial