April 7, 2014

Worshipping God through Motherhood: ICM WK 9

Hi friend!  So I'm wrapping up a big design project this week, thusly my posts have been short and sweet, but this topic has been on my heart...

My friend recently mentioned how even by giving our babies a clean diaper and warm clothes, we are worshipping God.
I actually found a photo of a diaper change.  Maybe diaper #1, 762 for Nora?
It was a statement in passing, but it has really stuck with me.

Changing a baby's diaper, or doing a load of laundry for your family may not feel like worship.  But it can be.

What if, in the most mundane of things, we acknowledged the Lord and said to Him, "Lord, take my small act of worship, and make it fruitful..."

"Lord, You have given me this task, help me to do it with excellence..."

"Father, You are worthy of my best in all circumstances.  I will do this job with joy and a thankful heart..."

Wouldn't it change so much?

So this week, Momma, choose to worship the Lord even (and especially) through the small things.
When you change a diaper...
When you change the bed sheets, soaked with urine...
When you put away the dishes...
When you do the laundry...
When you drive children to and from...
When you read a story...
When you bathe a baby...
When you comfort a sick child...
When you handle a tantrum...
When you are up past midnight while babies slumber, trying to wrap things up...
When they wake...and when they wake again...and again...
When you hold them just to let them feel that you're close...
Someone needs to do it.  Who, with humility, will take on the role of servant and do the unglamorous tasks?  the unnoticed tasks? the unending tasks?  Who will help the helpless?

God sees you.  

Even when you're wiping ointment on a diaper rash...or cleaning vomit out of the rug...or picking up crayons...or mopping your floors.

God sees.  You're not alone. 

Do everything as an offering of worship to God.
It is through the mundane that you are doing something glorious.  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...