June 30, 2014

Menu in Review (#7)

For the past few weeks, we've been in Tulsa, Oklahoma in leadership roles with our mission organization's annual training - "The ILTI."  

You can check out a little more about that here, but on a practical Emily's-little-world level, this means that I haven't been in charge of cooking for my family for the past few weeks!  I'll take it!  (LEI's summer missions training each year is kind of like a grown-up version of camp for Tedd & I, and like a quasi-vacation for me)!

But because I still love getting menu ideas from others' blogs, I wanted to go ahead and share a menu from a couple weeks ago that I never got around to posting.  Better late than never. 

It was a week with some special dinners, so here goes:

SUNDAY
Grilled Flank Steaks w/ Taco Toppings, Guacamole, & Tostadas (w/ my family)
MONDAY
(boxed brownies for dessert - just keepin' it real ;)

TUESDAY
Broiled Salmon w/ Rice, Curried Mustard & Beet Greens (which were surprisingly delicious), and Fruit Salad (Berries, Apples, Bananas with Mint & Whipped Cream)

WEDNESDAY
"Southwestern Soup" w/ Rice
(Southwestern Soup is just my name for a soup I made with a bunch of this and that.  Can of tomatoes (maybe it was Rotel?), corn scraped off the cob, beans leftover in the freezer, cumin & cilantro, garlic/onion, sour cream, etc).

THURSDAY
My husband's birthday dinner with friends!  
Spaghetti & Meatballs, Salad & Homemade Ranch, Squash/Zuchinni Casserole, Garlic Bread & Strawberry-Mint Lemonade

(had lots of great feedback on the meatballs - some of the best I've ever had from home - so definitely try the recipe I linked to for those!)

FRIDAY
Dinner w/ my Grammy :)
BBQ Sandwiches with BBQ Beans, Potato Salad, Mac & Cheese, Corn on the Cob, & Salad

SATURDAY
Grilled Burgers w/ all the Fixin's


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...