November 1, 2015

"So What Happened to Your Blog?"

I just checked my blog, and I see that my last post was February of this year.  That's about 8 months ago.  That's getting a little close to a year without posting, and that seems to shout "I'm done," doesn't it?  

Does this mean I'm done?

May I say that I don't know?

I never decided one day to stop writing.  In fact, I have about a dozen really hearty posts saved to my drafts folder, ready to be tuned and edited and prayed over.  So it's not so much that I have nothing I care for to write about, or that I don't love writing anymore.

It's just my time is so precious to me; you understand, don't you, dear reader?

And these three little babes, and this sacred little "No.4" being knitted together, and all this life and these lessons that come alongside, and all within these 5 fleeting years that have passed before me...I see how desperately I want to manage "my" time for the glory of my God, and just how precious every little minute is...

I'll confess quickly that I've squandered many minutes and hours with meaningless fluff, but when I do sit and think on things that matter and make a difference, and just how much I can or can't squeeze out of my time...this blog doesn't always fit.

At times, I feel I'm ready to sit down and map out some sincere direction for my little blog and figure out what exactly I intend to do with it, and where exactly I plan to go with it.  And at times, I wonder if I should let go of it all together - for a season - for good?

So, thank you for your patience as I keep this weird-thing-called-a-blog on the back burner of my mind, left to simmer for a while.

I get that fire in my bones from time to time.  And I'm more and more passionate about godly, intentional, grace-dependent motherhood so maybe that's what I'll hone in on.  But many women are already doing this - well - so then again, maybe not.  I just need some time to pray about it and see if this is worth my continued investment of time.

In the meantime, if you have been encouraged by any of my past posts, or would like to know when I'm back at the keyboard in the future, please feel free to subscribe to my blog (top right) by entering your e-mail address.  I think you gathered already that I won't be swarming your inbox with updates ;)

Thanks for reading and wondering what I've been up to!  I'll get in touch "soon" - Much love!

Em
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...